Please follow these instructions, as well as instructions provided by your dentist for optimal results in use and longevity of your appliance.
- Brush and floss your teeth before insertion every day
- Wear your Flipper at all times during the day except for when eating. The Flipper is designed to serve as a cosmetic appliance as well as hold the adjacent teeth in position so the space doesn’t close.
- Upon removal brush the Flipper with a denture brush.
- Your appliance may be soaked in an over the counter denture cleaner for 2-3 times a week overnight
- Store your flipper in a case with water when not being worn. This is to prevent the appliance from drying out.
- NEVER soak your appliance in mouthwash, or alcohol based rinses
- NEVER soak your appliance in bleach or harsh chemicals
- NEVER boil your appliance, it can distort.
- Be aware that your Flipper is a temporary appliance designed to be worn while your tissue is healing from surgery.
- You can expect your Flipper to last for the normal healing time of 8-12 months. They are not for use while eating.