Taking care of your denture is important. Please follow these instructions, as well as instructions provided by your dentist to keep your Denture looking and feeling new.
- Use both hands to insert and remove your denture.
- NEVER place denture in and bite down to seat it all the way in
- Remove denture before going to bed to allow your gums to breath.
- Clean your denture daily with water and denture cleaner.
- Soak denture in 1 tablet of Polident overnight.
- Upon removal of denture from cleaner, rinse denture thoroughly under water and brush with denture brush.
- When not wearing your denture, store in a wet container.
- Please keep dentures away from pets. They find these wonderful to chew on.
- NEVER soak your appliance in mouthwash, or alcohol based rinses
- NEVER soak your appliance in bleach or harsh chemicals
- NEVER boil your appliance, it can distort.
- The average life span of a denture is about 7 years.
- Things that can affect a denture are: extreme weight loss/gain or bone/tissue shrinkage.
- If you notice any fracture or breakage to your denture, contact your dentist.
- It is wise to have a backup denture in the event that you lose or damage your main denture. We strongly recommend this!
If you experience any discomfort from your denture, or experience any issues with your teeth and gums, call Dr. Michaelson.