Have you noticed a small painful lesion in your mouth? Do salty or spicy foods increase tenderness and inflammation, making eating painful?
How Do Mouth Ulcers Form?
You may have a mouth ulcer, also known as a canker sore. Mouth ulcers usually develop in your mouth or cheeks. The exact cause of mouth ulcers is unknown and varies from person to person. However, there are known factors that can aggravate mouth ulcers, including:
- Quitting Smoking
- Certain medications
- Anxiety or stress
- Highly acidic or spicy foods or beverages
- Braces or ill-fitting dentures that irritate the inside of the mouth
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy or menopause
During a severe outbreak, you may also experience sluggishness, fever, and swollen glands.
A Canker Sore Solution That Works
It can be disappointing to learn that canker sores are recurring, and without treatment can last for about two weeks. But state-of-the-art technology has provided us soft tissue lasers, a solution that can lessen the discomfort of canker sores. The benefits of using a soft laser to treat canker sores are:
- It’s a high-tech, yet affordable solution
- The process destroys the virus that causes the sore
- You will have immediate and profound relief
- Lasers can prevent sores if used as soon as you feel a tingling sensation
The most significant benefit of treating cankers sores with lasers is that future outbreaks occur less frequently and with less intensity.
Our Orlando Office Offers State-of-the-Art Technology
At Alafaya Dentistry, we are pleased to offer a wide range of modern technology, including soft tissue lasers. If you live with the pain of frequent canker sores or mouth ulcers, please call our Orlando office to arrange an appointment with dentist Dr. Gary Michaelson. He will evaluate your situation and let you know how laser treatment can help you.