Zoom! Teeth Whitening in Orlando, FL
Serving the Orlando, FL community
Do you have stained or yellow teeth? Has a lifelong smoking habit left you with dark brown stains and discolored teeth?
Patients at Alafaya Center for Cosmetics & Family Dentistry are always pleasantly surprised to see the positive effect that whitening their teeth has on their confidence. When you feel good about your appearance, you project a confident attitude that makes you and others around you feel good.
Get Rid of Stains and Brighten Your Smile
These days, many of us don’t make it easy to keep our teeth as white as they can be. Consuming coffee, wine, and cola, and smoking or chewing tobacco gradually make teeth look yellow, stained, dull, and discolored.
But professional teeth whitening procedures can reverse the effects of these habits and leave you with a brighter, more youthful smile. We’re pleased to offer two types of teeth whitening treatments at our Orlando, FL dental office for your convenience.
Take the Next Step to a Brighter Smile
Would you like to learn more about our Zoom! teeth whitening treatments? We would love to show you the dramatic difference that these products can make to your smile, so please give us a call. We'll be happy to arrange your next dental cleaning so we can talk about the benefits of using Zoom!
- How does Zoom! in-office teeth whitening work?
- Do you offer customized take-home whitening kits?
- How can you prevent tooth sensitivity with whitening?
- Which foods and drinks stain my teeth?
- How can I minimize stains from foods and drinks?
- How can I prevent stains on my teeth if I smoke?
How does Zoom! in-office teeth whitening work?
Do you have a big event like a wedding or class reunion coming up and want to see fast, dramatic results? Zoom! chairside whitening at our Orlando dental office is efficient and will have you out of our office in about an hour. During the procedure, you’re welcome to relax and watch television or listen to music. In-office teeth whitening is an efficient procedure, so you can have your teeth whitened during lunch and return to work with a bright new smile!
The Zoom! system works by applying a light-activated hydrogen peroxide solution to your teeth. This whitening gel penetrates dental enamel and bleaches underlying stains. Some studies show that using a Zoom! lamp to activate the gel significantly increases its effectiveness. The Zoom! in-office whitening treatment has been proven to whiten teeth by as many as eight shades in a single appointment!
Some patients may experience sensitivity during whitening, but our Zoom! light generates minimal heat, the usual source of discomfort. In some cases, patients report a slight tingling sensation, but this dissipates shortly after treatment.
Do you offer customized take-home whitening kits in Orlando, FL?
Since we know you may not have time to sit for an in-office whitening treatment, we also offer Zoom! Nite White take-home whitening kits. Many patients prefer this option because they can whiten at their pace in the privacy of their homes. You will come to our Orlando, FL dental office once to have impressions taken of your teeth.
We'll use your dental impressions to customize whitening trays that cover all surfaces of your teeth evenly. During treatment at home, you will place the provided whitening gel in the trays and wear them for 20 to 30 minutes a day for about two weeks. The process is fast, easy, and at the end of two weeks, your smile will look about six shades brighter than when you started.
One big advantage custom whitening trays have over store-bought trays is that they fit snugly over your teeth to evenly cover all surfaces. You'll see more consistent results this way, and a custom fit also ensures that the gel stays on your teeth and away from your gums.
How can you prevent tooth sensitivity with whitening?
While some patients experience sensitivity after teeth whitening, the methods we use minimize any sensitivity.
- When you have a Zoom! in-office teeth whitening procedure, we’ll adjust the potency of the whitening gel to minimize any sensitivity.
- The light we use to activate the whitening gel during in-office treatment produces minimal heat.
- Our take-home whitening kits come with customized trays that we make using impressions of your teeth. This snug fit ensures that the whitening gel stays on your teeth and away from your sensitive gum tissue.
If you’re apprehensive about teeth whitening in Orlando, FL because you’ve experienced discomfort in the past, please call us. We’ll customize a solution that enables you to achieve the results you desire and minimizes any sensitivity.
Which foods and drinks stain my teeth?
Rows of beautiful, healthy teeth aren’t nearly as impressive when they’re stained! While we can remove these stains with professional teeth whitening in Orlando, FL, there are foods and beverages that you may consume that are known to stain teeth.
- Foods – There’s a long list of foods that stain your teeth, including beets, dark berries, soy sauce, tomato sauce, and balsamic vinegar. A good rule of thumb is that if it can stain your clothes, it can probably stain your teeth too.
- Sodas – Soda contains high levels of acids that harm your teeth. The combination of these acids and the dark dyes and colorings of some sodas can stain your teeth. Drinking through a straw can help minimize the stains caused by drinking soda.
- Dark teas – Black or dark tea stains your teeth more readily than coffee because it has more tannins, a known staining agent. Green and white teas are much less likely to cause teeth staining.
- Red and white wine – Many people know that red wine stains teeth, but white wines also play a part. While it doesn’t deposit stains on your teeth as red wine does, white wine is acidic, which can make your teeth more prone to staining.
If you're ready to boost your confidence and the brightness of your smile, please call Alafaya Center for Cosmetic & Family Dentistry to arrange a dental cleaning.
How can I minimize stains from foods and drinks?
We understand that you may not want to eliminate staining foods and drinks from your diet entirely, and you don’t have to. But what can you do to reduce your risk of the resulting stains? Here are a few helpful tips that will help minimize stains:
- Rinse your mouth out after eating or drinking anything that could stain your teeth. That means after a cup of dark tea, swish around a little water to rinse it away and keep it from staining them.
- Don’t brush immediately after consuming staining foods, because it actually does more harm than good. A better idea is to wait half an hour while the acid neutralizes, then brush.
- Another good idea is to drink staining beverages through a straw. This way, it doesn't come into direct contact with your teeth.
- Schedule dental cleanings at our Orlando, FL dental office every six months. Professional teeth cleanings help remove surface stains from your teeth to refresh your smile.
How can I prevent stains on my teeth if I smoke?
The honest answer is that you can’t. While it may occur in varying degrees, smoking or chewing tobacco will inevitably leave yellow or brown stains on your teeth.
It’s a challenge to quit smoking, but you have to choose between the habit and bright, white teeth. Smoking is also bad for your oral health in general because smokers are more prone to gum disease.
So quitting not only has a positive impact on your general health, but it also benefits your oral health and your bright, beautiful smile.